Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic and overwhelming experience. Here is a checklist of 10 things to do after a car accident.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE A LAWYER?
- An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you get the treatment you need.
- Your personal injury lawyer will deal with the at-fault insurance company, so you don’t have to.
- A personal injury lawyer will collect the medical reports and any other evidence required to prove what injuries you suffered and how bad they are.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer will know what your claim is worth and will advise you on what you can do to ensure you receive the maximum compensation available for your injuries.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer will ensure that you are compensated for any loss of wages, future cost of care, and loss of earning capacity you may have suffered.
- A personal injury lawyer must file a lawsuit on your behalf if your claim is not settled within 2 years.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer should be able to take the necessary steps to take your claim to trial if necessary.
WHEN SHOULD YOU HIRE A LAWYER?
1) As Early As Possible
Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer as early as possible will ensure that you get the treatment you need and that you are compensated fairly.
If you are injured in a car accident that was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
If you don’t have the right type of auto insurance coverage, you could be left with a huge bill after a collision. Even if the collision was not your fault, you could be left at the mercy of the other driver’s insurance company.
In Canada, a person who injures you as a result of his or her negligence must put you back in the position you were in before you were injured. In the case of a car accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will step in and compensate any injured parties. But who pays if the at-fault driver leaves the scene of the accident or has no insurance?