Choosing a personal injury lawyer in Edmonton
When you suffer a personal injury in Alberta, an experienced lawyer may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve. The following guidelines will help you find the right personal injury lawyer in Edmonton:
- Choose a lawyer who is focused on personal injury law. This area of law can be very complicated, so you will want to choose a lawyer who works in this area and has a good understanding of the law and the complexities involved.
- Choose a lawyer with negotiation experience
- Choose a lawyer with an understanding of medical diagnoses and the processes associated with personal injuries
- Choose a lawyer who has courtroom experience. Should your case go to court, Moustarah & Company has extensive courtroom experience and you can be assured that we will fight to get the best possible settlement for you.
- Ask questions. Prepare a list of questions to bring to your initial consultation:
- Have you taken on cases similar to mine?
- Who else besides you will be working on my case?
- How long do you expect my case to take?
- What is the fee structure? Does the contingency fee cover all expenses?
- How often do you go to trial?
- How will you keep me informed of the progress on my case?
- How confident are you in my case?
- What are you aiming for in a payout?
- Choose a lawyer who will give you personal service. At Moustarah & Company, we provide personal attention to every client. Your needs are important to us.
- Do you understand the fees? You will want to know if there will be any surprises at the end of the case. Is the initial consultation free; when will you have to pay them; how much; how are the fees determined; will you have to pay anything if you lose the case; are there any other expenses besides the percentage fee; will the fees be more if the case takes a long time?
If you need a personal injury lawyer in Edmonton, you want to be sure you choose the right one for your case. Ask questions when you are at the meeting with potential candidates and take the time to fully understand the fees involved before proceeding.
At Moustarah & Company, we know that this can be a difficult time for you, and we will answer all your questions. We are here to help.