Choose Moustarah & Company for your Spinal Cord Injury case. We ensure fair justice and compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries: Rebuilding Lives with Legal Support in Edmonton
Suffering a spinal cord injury brings life-altering changes, affecting not only physical strength and sensation but also mental, emotional, and social aspects. At the same time, complete repair remains elusive; treatments and rehabilitation offer hope for restoring independence and managing the discomfort and pain associated with these injuries.
Symptoms of Spinal Cord Injuries
The severity of spinal cord injuries varies, resulting in complete loss of sensation and limb control (total injuries) or discomfort with partial limb control (incomplete injuries). Paralysis resulting from these injuries, known as tetraplegia/quadriplegia or paraplegia, affects different parts of the body.
Such injuries can lead to various symptoms:
- Loss of movement or altered sensation
- Impaired bowel or bladder control
- Reflex activities, spasms, or intense pain
- Changes in sexual function and fertility
- Difficulty breathing or clearing lung secretions
Addressing Spinal Cord Injuries
Immediate medical attention is crucial, followed by gathering evidence linked to the injury claim. Details like witness contacts, accident photos, and filing police reports are vital steps to take promptly after a spinal cord injury.
Our skilled spinal cord injury lawyers specialize in building comprehensive cases, conducting essential research, and even assisting with medical expenses during your case.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries encompass several classifications, each with distinct repercussions.
- Injuries directly impacting the cervical spine (vertebrae C1-C7) can result in full or partial paralysis and sensory loss.
- Remedying such conditions often involves surgery followed by intensive occupational and physical therapy.
- Thoracic spine injuries (vertebrae T1-T12) can cause mid-back pain, abdominal discomfort, chest issues, and breathing difficulties.
- Severe cases may lead to paralysis in the abdomen, legs, or lower back.
- Lumbar spinal injuries, typically from lower back impacts (e.g., vehicle accidents or falls), can cause leg or hip immobility, affecting bowel/bladder functions and necessitating wheelchair use.
- Sacral spinal injuries affecting the tailbone can disrupt pelvic organ control, sexual functions, and bowel/bladder management—usually arising from falls on hard surfaces.
Our skilled spinal cord injury lawyers in Edmonton and Alberta can handle your claim if you suffer from these injuries due to negligence. This way, you can focus on your recovery.
Support for Your Loved Ones
If a family member can’t communicate due to a spinal cord injury, reach out to us on their behalf. We aim to secure compensation, ensuring the best long-term care possible.
Navigating Insurance Matters
Avoid the immediate settlement offered by insurance companies that often overlook intricate injury details. Our seasoned personal injury lawyers, with over 20 years of experience, handle insurance negotiations from day one. We fight for proper compensation covering medical expenses and adjusted living costs.
Our Commitment to You
Empathy & Experience
We understand the physical and life-altering impact of accidents. With years of experience, we comprehend the challenges affecting your job, family, and overall well-being.
Setting Legal Standards
We’ve set legal precedents benefiting Edmontonians seeking fair compensation, especially after the 2004 Minor Injury Regulations.
Our approach aggressively pursues all eligible forms of compensation, covering various losses beyond pain and suffering, including income loss, expenses, housekeeping, and future care costs.
No Fees Upfront
Access to justice is essential. We only charge fees once you receive your compensation.
We cover all disbursements, investing in expert reports, litigation, and necessary trials to prove the full extent of your injuries. Our goal is your recovery, providing access to specialists without financial burden.