Social media has become a part of everyday life for most people, with one report finding that 94% of online Canadian adults have signed up for at least one social media account. While there are many positives to social media, like staying in touch with friends and family, in a personal injury case, social media can impact your personal injury claim in many negative ways, and not all are obvious. The intention behind this blog post is to point out some of the dangers of social media and how it may seriously impact your personal injury claim in a negative way and also provide you with some easy tips on how to avoid those traps.
Back to school is now here as is the fall season and our favorite times of the year, the holiday season. Traffic on our roads has increased and with that increase in traffic, there is an increase in the amount of accidents. Many of these MVA collisions can be avoidable.
One of the unfortunate realities of using cars as a mode of transportation is the fact that some people involved in motor vehicle collisions will die. Fatality car accidents occur every day all over the world. In 2018, Canada recorded 1743 deaths as a direct result of motor vehicle collisions. Alberta recorded 290 deaths in 2017.
Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic and overwhelming experience. Here is a checklist of 10 things to do after a car accident.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE A LAWYER?
- An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you get the treatment you need.
- Your personal injury lawyer will deal with the at-fault insurance company, so you don’t have to.
- A personal injury lawyer will collect the medical reports and any other evidence required to prove what injuries you suffered and how bad they are.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer will know what your claim is worth and will advise you on what you can do to ensure you receive the maximum compensation available for your injuries.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer will ensure that you are compensated for any loss of wages, future cost of care, and loss of earning capacity you may have suffered.
- A personal injury lawyer must file a lawsuit on your behalf if your claim is not settled within 2 years.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer should be able to take the necessary steps to take your claim to trial if necessary.
WHEN SHOULD YOU HIRE A LAWYER?
1) As Early As Possible
Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer as early as possible will ensure that you get the treatment you need and that you are compensated fairly.
If you are injured in a car accident that was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.