Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic and overwhelming experience. Here is a checklist of 10 things to do after a car accident.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE A LAWYER?
- An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you get the treatment you need.
- Your personal injury lawyer will deal with the at-fault insurance company, so you don’t have to.
- A personal injury lawyer will collect the medical reports and any other evidence required to prove what injuries you suffered and how bad they are.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer will know what your claim is worth and will advise you on what you can do to ensure you receive the maximum compensation available for your injuries.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer will ensure that you are compensated for any loss of wages, future cost of care, and loss of earning capacity you may have suffered.
- A personal injury lawyer must file a lawsuit on your behalf if your claim is not settled within 2 years.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer should be able to take the necessary steps to take your claim to trial if necessary.
WHEN SHOULD YOU HIRE A LAWYER?
1) As Early As Possible
Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer as early as possible will ensure that you get the treatment you need and that you are compensated fairly.
If you are injured in a car accident that was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
It’s almost summertime and as more people head out onto the sidewalks and streets, it’s more important than ever for drivers and pedestrians to look out for each other.
WHAT IS THE “CAP”?
In 2004, the Alberta government passed the Minor Injury Regulation, which capped damages for pain and suffering for certain so-called “minor injuries” caused by a motor vehicle collision.
Suffering from a concussion after a car accident is common. In fact, car accidents are one of the leading causes of concussions in Canada.